- About Us
- Our Services
- Site Selection
- Data Center
- Living Here
- Contact Us
Racine County is a prime location for manufacturers, distribution centers, and corporate office facilities as it has one of the best highway transportation networks in the United States. It is located in the heart of the I-94 Corridor which connects the major metropolitan areas of Milwaukee and Chicago.
- Interstate Highway 94 links Racine County with Milwaukee and Chicago.
- U.S. Highway 45 and State Highways 11, 20, 31, 32, 36, 38 and 83 integrate the county. State Highways 75, 142 and 164 connect Racine County with adjacent counties.
With just a short drive to Milwaukee or Chicago, Racine County accesses the top airports in both Wisconsin and the nation.
- General Mitchell International Airport (MKE), the largest airport in Wisconsin, is located 7 miles north of Racine County off of I-94. Mitchell offers 13 airlines serving 90 cities with nonstop flights.
- O'Hare International Airport (ORD) is located 50 miles south of Racine County. O'Hare is one of America's best-connected airports and over 70 million people travel through it per year. The airport has more than 1,000 daily flights and offers every major U.S. and international carrier.
- Chicago Midway Airport is approximately 70 miles from Racine Country and 10 miles from downtown Chicago. Midway services over 17 million travelers each year with major Airlines such as American and Southwest.
Racine also offers three general aviation airports that are capable of handling wide varieties of business aircraft.
- John H. Batten Airport is the largest privately-owned, public-use, reliever airport in the United States. It is a general aviation terminal complete with pilot and passenger lounges, a flight planning facility, and a conference room with audio/video servicing.
- Burlington Municipal Airport offers general aviation services and is located one mile northwest of the City of Burlington. Burlington has a 4,300-ft runway and a terminal for use by pilots.
- Sylvania Airport is located 3 miles west of Sturtevant, easily accessed from I-94. Sylvania is a non-towered facility with 2,360-ft parallel runways of asphalt and turf. The location, ease of access and proximity with other airports makes it the ideal training location.
Racine County has an excellent rail network that can fulfill all business and personal needs.
- Amtrak offers service to Milwaukee's General Mitchell International Airport and Chicago seven times per day.
- Union Pacific Railway is the largest railroad in North America, servicing 23 states. Union has one of the most diversified commodity mixes including chemicals, coal, food, metal, automobiles and more. It also runs a substantial commuter train operation in Chicago
- Canadian Pacific Railway is a Class 1 North American railway providing freight transportation services over 14,000 miles in Canada and the United States. Its network will ship commodities like grain, coal, lumber, automobiles, and agricultural equipment.
- Wisconsin & Southern Railroad Co., Wisconsin's third largest Railroad, operates over 600 miles in the southern half of Wisconsin and the northeastern part of Illinois. It is headquartered in Milwaukee, WI and connects with the Canadian Pacific and Union Pacific Railways in addition to Canadian National and Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railways.
Business and industry in Racine County have access to one of the busiest and most efficient ports on the Great Lakes in the Port of Milwaukee, 13 miles north along I-94.
- The Port of Milwaukee offers terminals designed for handling general and project cargos, roll on/roll off containers, dry bulk, liquid bulk, and lifts in excess of 200 tons safely and in a cost effective manner. It is serviced by two Class I Railroads, the CP Line and the Union Pacific Railroad, that provide direct pier delivery at all of the Port facilities in addition to switching services.The Port is located on the western shore of Lake Michigan at 2323 South Lincoln Memorial Drive, Milwaukee, WI, USA 53207.
There are 70 widely distributed trucking and warehousing establishments available to business and industry in Racine County. Information regarding trucking companies can be found at: Fleet Directory. Information regarding logistics and warehousing can be found at: Inventory Ops Consulting.